How To Configure Yahoo Mail In Outlook
If you want to Configure Yahoo Mail In Outlook then you can take help of IMAP or SMTP settings. This is an advantage for any mailing service to setup in different email address.
To Configure Yahoo Mail In Outlook, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, you need to open your Outlook in your PC. Inside that you will need to open the “File” tab which will be in the top left side of the window.
- Then there, just above the “account Settings” buttons, you will see the “Add Account” button which you need to click on which will open a window in your screen.
- Then you will need to select the “Manual setup” or “Additional server types” option and then you will need to click on the “Next” button. In next step, you will need to choose the “POP or IMAP” option and again click on the “next” button.
- Then you will be asked to enter your account details. First you need to enter your name and your email address in two different blanks. In the Account type section, you need to choose the “IMAP” option.
- Then reset blanks are to enter the IMAP and SMTP server:
- Incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Then after that in same page, you will need to enter your logon details by entering your Username and Password in respective blanks. After that, you need to click on the “Next” button.
- Then in next window, you will need to go to “More settings” and there you need to select the Outgoing server tab. then you need to check box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and select the option “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- In the same window, see the “Advanced tab” and there you need to verify the following.
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 or 465
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto
- After all, you need to click on “OK” button and again click on the “Next” button as well. If you’ve entered everything correctly, both tasks will be completed successfully and you can close the window and again click “Next” button.
- You’ll get “You’re all set!” message in the window and then you need to click on the “Finish” button. And after all, you will able to check your mails from Outlook as Yahoo mail account.
The process is long but it is worth it.